Our Orientation Day for 6th Class students takes place on Friday 29th November. The Orientation Day will give all girls the opportunity to spend a day in the school so that they can experience what it is like to spend a day in Secondary School. The girls will engage in numerous activities thoughout the day involving Science, Home Economics, Art, PE and Music.
Code of Behaviour
The Code of Behaviour is now under review...... review ends 29th November 2019
Sections highlighted in red are part of the current version of the code that are up for discussion.
Sections highlighted in purple are new additions for consultation
PowerPoint Presentation on 1st Year Subject Choices:
Every School Day Counts
Please click on the link below for useful tips etc. on how Parents can help make every school day count:
Parent Information Evenings 2019 - 2020
There will be Parents’ Information meetings in August/September The purpose of these meetings will be to highlight the priorities for your daughter for the year ahead.
- Third Year Parents’ meeting Thursday 29th August at 7pm
- Sixth Year Parents’ meeting Thursday 29th August at 8pm
- Second Year Parents’ meeting Thursday 5th September at 7pm
- Fifth Year Parents’ meeting Thursday 5th September at 8pm
- Transition Year Parents’ meeting on Thursday 19th September at 7pm
- First Year Parents’ meeting on Thursday 19th September at 8pm.
Sunday Independent Schools’ Profile
There is a very fine tradition of achievement and of high expectation in the school. The survey in the Sunday Independent on 29th January placed Presentation Secondary School Listowel as one of the top non fee paying schools in the country. The survey profiled schools from 2009 to 2016 on the basis of their student entry to 3rd level. We had 100% attendance at 3rd level across all types of colleges and 58% attendance at honours degree, level 8 courses, both statistics are very impressive. Thanks to students, parents and staff who have contributed to these excellent figures. https://education.independent.ie/league
Leaving Cert Results 2019
- One student received over 600 points
- 13% of students achieved over 550 points
- 20% of students achieved over 500 points
- 60% of students achieved over 400 points
- 86% of students achieved over 300 points
- 20% of the Leaving Cert Applied Students achieved distinctions
- 50% of the LCVP class received distinctions
Leaving Cert Results 2018
- 17% of students achieved over 500 points (National Average 2017 was 11%)
- 38% achieved over 400 points (National Average 2017 was 35%)
- 88% achieved over 300 points (National Average 2017 was 60.5%)
- 66% of the Leaving Cert Applied Students achieved distinctions
Leaving Cert Results 2016
We would like to say a special congratulations to the Class of 2016 on their outstanding results. We wish them all a happy, peaceful and successful future as they take the next step.
4% of our students received over 600 points
13% of our students received over 550 points
20% of our students received over 500 points
60% of our students received over 400 points
50% of our LCA students received Distinctions
4.15pm - 6.15pm